Dear Valued Clients and Caregivers,
The spread of COVID-19 is a significant concern that has impacted all of our daily lives and changed how we go about our work. With many Consumer Direct Care Network (CDCN) staff working from home, some of our longer-term projects have been delayed or not implemented as successfully as planned.
We recently launched a new software for reading and processing timesheets and mileage reimbursement sheets. When we launched this new software, we encountered system issues that delayed some caregiver paychecks. If you were impacted by these issues, we want to take a moment to acknowledge the hardships caused, to offer our deepest apologies, and to confirm that your feedback has not gone unheard.
We have a dedicated team working hard to ensure timely and accurate pay. We are also making several changes to how we operate. These changes are meant to resolve issues with the new software. They also reflect our commitment to health and safety during COVID-19.
Please review the following changes carefully:
- Effective November 23, timesheets and mileage reimbursement sheets must be submitted to CDCN by 5 pm on the Monday following the week of service or postmarked by Monday if mailed. CDCN will update the deadline printed on timesheets and mileage reimbursement sheets, but it may take some time for the new materials to be widely distributed.
- To reduce system errors, a new mileage reimbursement sheet is now available. Caregivers should transition to the new sheet as soon as possible. The old sheet will not be accepted after November 23.
- Due to the timing of the new payroll cycle, late submissions, or on-time submissions requiring verification or correction, may result in late pay. To avoid potential issues, caregivers should double-check their documentation prior to submission.
- If possible, caregivers should use direct deposit or a pay card. Using these options eliminate the potential for delay in pay caused by COVID-19 impacts on USPS and/or winter weather.
- With the current COVID-19 safety measures in place, our offices are closed to visitors, except by appointment. If caregivers need copies of their service documentation, they should contact the local office and schedule an appointment for pickup. This can be accommodated on a monthly or quarterly basis.
Your local CDCN team will be contacting you to explain these changes. If questions or concerns arise before then, please feel free to contact your local office or visit our website for the new mileage reimbursement sheet and updated documentation guide.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this message. We are grateful for your help and continued patience as we navigate these changes.
Your Consumer Direct Care Network Team