Consumer Direct Alaska
Invited by the state in 2001 to help develop the Consumer Directed Personal Care Services Program, we are proud to be part of communities across the state of Alaska by supporting and promoting self-directed personal care services. The program is specifically intended to allow individuals with health care needs to remain in their homes and communities avoiding placement in an institution.
This program is designed for individuals who are capable of directing their own personal care services or appointing a Personal Representative to act on their behalf.
Alaska program requirements include:
- Eligibility for Alaska Medicaid
- The need for assistance with activities of daily
living such as:
- bathing & hygiene
- dressing & grooming
- meal preparation
- light housework
- Authorization by a health care professional that assistance is necessary
- Completion of an assessment for placement in the program
- There is no age requirement in the state of Alaska