What is Electronic Visit Verification?
Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) is an electronic system used by caregivers to clock in and out. It electronically documents the precise time a service visit begins and ends.
EVV is federally mandated by the 21st Century Cures Act for home and community-based services. Alaska Senior and Disabilities Services (SDS) must comply with this mandate. Phase 1 of this mandate includes Personal Care Services only.
To learn more about EVV, please refer to the Alaska SDS EVV website or Therap website. Watch your email for more information from Consumer Direct Care Network Alaska.
How will EVV impact me?
EVV is not replacing paper timesheets. You will continue to submit time as normal. EVV is in addition to your normal time submission. All time submissions must have a matching EVV record, until otherwise instructed.
When will I begin using EVV?
Starting January 1, 2021, caregivers must use EVV for each visit.
What EVV vendor does Alaska SDS use?
Alaska SDS contracted with Therap as the EVV vendor.
What are the approved EVV options I can use?
There are three approved ways to submit EVV shifts:
- Therap Mobile Application. This requires a smart phone or device with location services. This is the preferred EVV option.
- Therap Fixed Visit Verification (FVV). This uses a small fixed device at the location of service. This option is only available when the mobile application or internet services are not available.
- Therap Interactive Voice Response (IVR). This uses the client’s landline phone. This is the least effective EVV option.
How do I register for one of the three EVV options?
We will be sharing training materials on registering and using the three EVV options. Watch your inbox for more information from SDS, Consumer Direct Care Network Alaska, and Therap.
How can I prepare for EVV?
Please review the questions below and email your answers to InfoCDAK@ConsumerDirectCare.com.
- Do you have a smart phone?
- Do you have access to a computer?
- Do you have an email account? If so what is it?
- What is your preferred method of contact?